Logic Is Fundamental
High School Summer Camp
June 19 - June 30, 2017
Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
Gates Building, Stanford University
Where you will master logic, a life skill you need to succeed:
In the subjects you study
In the professions and jobs you pursue
In the decisions you make
Hermione Granger got it right when, facing the potion-master's test, she said:
isn't magic - it's logic - a puzzle. A lot of the greatest
wizards haven't got an ounce of logic; they'd be stuck here forever."
- Harry Potter and The
WHY THIS LOGIC CAMP?
- LOCATION: Stanford's campus, where we use its classrooms and draw on the resources of Silicon Valley and the Bay Area.
Stanford Computer Science professor and logician and an award-winning high school instructor jointly teach
- ENGAGING CLASSES & FUN COURSE MATERIALS: You'll
be challenged with a schedule rich in engaging lectures, team and
individual exercises, projects, puzzles, special events, and
- LIMITED ENROLLMENT: Since we're limiting registration to 24 students, you will benefit from individual attention.
- An introduction to logic from computational perspective with applications in mathematics, science, engineering, business, law, etc.
- Jointly taught by Stanford professor Michael Genesereth and Citrus High School teacher Michael Towne
- Industry practitioners as guest lecturers
- Students in grades 9-12 in Fall of 2017
- Knowledge of symbolic manipulation as taught in Algebra I
- Comfortable with sets, relations, and functions
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE
- Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and spaces will be competitively filled on a first-come first-served basis
- The tuition is $2,000
- Scholarships are available