Change event date
- 2020: 08/31 - 09/01 Mathematics Leadership Summit
- 2020: 10/26 - 10/27 Mindset Mathematics Workshop
- 2020: 12/08 Youcubed Virtual Professional Development
- 2021: 01/12 - 01/13 Mindset Mathematics Workshop
- 2021: 01/26 Youcubed Virtual Professional Development
- 2021: 02/09 - 02/10 Mindset Mathematics Workshop
- 2021: 03/16 Youcubed Virtual Professional Development
- 2021: 04/20 Youcubed Virtual Professional Development
- 2021: 05/04 - 05/05 Mathematics Leadership Summit
Inspire ALL Students with Open, Creative Mindset Mathematics
Our main goal is to inspire, educate and empower teachers of mathematics, transforming the latest research on math into accessible and practical forms. We know from research how to teach math well and how to bring about high levels of student engagement and achievement but research has not previously been made accessible to teachers.
Jo Boaler is the Nomellini-Olivier Professor of Education at Stanford and the Co-Director of youcubed at Stanford Graduate School of Education. Her former roles have included being the Marie Curie Professor of Mathematics Education in England and a maths teacher in London comprehensive schools.
She is the author of numerous articles and books as well as several online courses, a White House presenter, and a co-leader of a K-12 data science initiative. The BBC has named her one of the eight people “changing the face of education.”
Mindset Mathematics Workshop
Join Jo Boaler and the youcubed team on the Stanford campus and learn how to teach math with a growth mindset!
Each Workshop is appropriate for k-12 teachers, coaches and administrators.
We focus on exploring content and the pedagogy that promotes a growth mindset.
Each Workshop includes:
- A 3-hour opening and 2-hour closing session with Jo Boaler
- A copy of our summer camp curriculum in print and electronically
- Two full days of professional development focusing on mindset mathematics content and pedagogy
- Breakfast and lunch both days
Tuesday-Wednesday, February 9-10, 2021 (Stanford University)
Mathematics Leadership Summit
Join Dr. Jo Boaler and Cathy Williams for two days of professional learning focused on leading Mindset and mathematics change in schools, districts, counties and beyond.You will be engaging in content from the latest neuroscience and mathematics education research while meeting other professionals who are leading similar changes. This is an interactive two-day format where we will discuss together challenges and solutions. We recommend joining us as a team of maths leaders however this is not required.
- Building a mindset mathematics culture
- Resources for your teachers
- Leading change and meeting teachers where they are
- Thinking about systems and how they support the mindset mathematics culture
Youcubed Virtual Professional Development
For the first time youcubed has developed a range of grade specific professional development. Workshops led by Dr Jo Boaler and Cathy Williams are now available to help educators navigate the most important mathematical content for their grade, and learn ways to teach it effectively, whether in person or online. All workshops begin at 9 am Pacific Time and end at 2 pm Pacific Time, with a one-hour break for lunch. Participants will receive a certificate verifying 4 Professional Development Hours.
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Teaching the Important Ideas of Number Sense and Data Exploration K-2: Tasks & Strategies for Successful Teaching Online and In-Person
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Teaching the Important Ideas of Number Sense and Data Exploration 3-5: Tasks & Strategies for Successful Teaching Online and In-Person
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Teaching the Middle Grades Data & Probability Standards through Exploratory Tasks: Lessons & Strategies for Successful Teaching Online and In-Person
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Bringing High School Mathematics into the 21st Century with a Data Science Perspective: Tasks & Teaching Strategies to Empower and Engage Students Online and In-Person
Please email all questions to Stanford Ticket Office.
All sales are final, not transferrable, not refundable. No exceptions.
If you find this message in error, please check your reservation request and try again.